- Born in St. Petersburg, Russia, 1984
- Based in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Researcher & curator, currently working as the Head of Unseen Book Market and Unseen Dummy Award at Unseen Amsterdam and as a curator at FOTODOK
- Regularly teaches courses or episodical workshops at multiple educational venues, including: FOTOfactory, Amsterdam; Webster University, Leiden; docdocdoc, St. Petersburg; Fotodepartament, St. Petersburg; The Royal Academy of Art, The Hague etc.
- FOTODOK - email@example.com / Unseen Amsterdam - firstname.lastname@example.org
2013- 2017 - part time work at Johan Deumens Gallery, Amsterdam
2011 graduated from Leiden University’s MA program ‘Film and Photographic Studies’ with the thesis questioning narrative in photography. The study was possible due to receiving the Huygens Scholarship
2011, spring-summer – interning Foam Magazine, Amsterdam
2002-2010 majoring in Russian literature and folklore at St. Petersburg State University, two degrees, specialist and master, with thesises written on theory of photography: one discussing photo collages made by villagers of the Russian Northern areas; the other investigated on how photography works as a visual material for folklore archives and how the aesthetics of ‘scientific’ photography correlates with the aesthetics of vernacular imagery
2019, March, A talk at Maison Française d'Oxford at Photobook Conference The British, American and French Photobook: Commitment, Memory, Materiality and the Art Market.
2018, October, Round table discussion at New York Public Library launching the book How We See–Photobooks by Women by 10x10 photobooks.
2018, October , Giving a talk on the project 'Market? What Market?' at Photobook Week Aarhus.
2018, September, Participating in Photobook RESET / C/O Berlin
2018, May, Moscow contemporary photography and photobook festival Photobookfest at Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography, talk on Unseen Dummy Awards.
2018, May, Launch of Lilia Luganskaia's photobook Investigation of Love at Foam Editions, leading a Q&A session with the artist.
2018, February, Artist’s Books and Cinema. A Symposium at CAMPO NIEUWPOORT in Gent, the talk CinePhotoBook: What connects cinematography and photobooks.
2017, Deceber, taking part at a round table discussion at Fiebre Photobook Festival in Madrid, Space-time: distribution
2017, April, A talk and moderation at the Sunday Seminar program of Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam “The Moving Page: At the Crossroads of Cinema and Photobook”.
2016, September, taking part in a round table discussion 'A Photographer as a Curator' at FotoDepartament, St. Petersburg.
2015, June, taking part in a round table discussion dedicated to the exhibition 'To Be Together', RosPhoto, St. Petersburg.
2015, February, public lecture 'What is Photograph/y/ic?' at FotoDepartament, St. Petersburg.
2015, January, public lecture 'What is Photograph/y/ic?' at FotoFactory, Amsterdam.
2014, December, taking part in a round table discussion about the photobook market in Russia at the ‘Day of a Photobook at FotoDepartament’ , St. Petersburg.
2013, July, moderating a public interview with Jana Romanova at the Hermitage, Amsterdam.
2013, April, making a talk ‘Imagine imaginary narrative’ at the Conference Take&Talk, FotoDepartament, St. Petersburg.
2012-2013, occasional lectures at the Faculty of Photojournalism and FotoDepartament (both in St. Petersburg).
2011, February, a public interview together with Sarah Carlier. Organized by GUP Magazine and De Brakke Grond.
Photographic project ‘Ivan and the Moon’
- 2014, winner, Surrau Photo Win
- 2011, winner, Lucie Foundation
- 2011, honorable mention, Ian Parry Scholarship
- 2011, finalist, burn magazine grant
- 2011, finalist, SPA Luceo Images
- 2010, 1st prize, Viewbook Photostory Competition
- 2013, December, Colta.ru – Postcards
- 2013, October, Folha de S.Paulo
- 2013, September, Der Greif
- 2013, August, The Calvert Journal
- 2013, June, Picturalis
- 2013, June, NASTY Magazine
- 2013, April, Dust Magazine
- 2012, December, FOTO 7
- 2011, December, Lejournaldelaphotographie.com
- 2011, September, Fire-cracker.org
- 2011, August-September, HotShoe
- 2011, May, Новости Петербурга
- 2011, March, Foto&Video
- 2011, February, DigitalPhoto #94
- 2011, January, GUP
- 2011, Искусство №4-5 (578)
- 2013, September-November, Festival Photoquai, Paris
- 2012, November, Month of Photography, Bratislava
- 2012, October, Fotovisa, Krasnodar
- 2012, April, FotoFest, Houston
- 2012, March-April, Institut d’Estudis Fotografics de Catalunya, Barcelona
- 2011, August, Getty Images Gallery, London
- 2011, July, Screenings of Festival Voies Off Arles
- 2011, July, Flacon design-zavod, Moscow
- 2011, June, FotoDepartament, St. Petersburg
- 2011, May, Fotofestiwal, Łódź
- 2011, January-February, Brakke Grond, Amsterdam
- 2010, November, Kahmann Gallery, Amsterdam